Tuesday 16 October 2012

My Reliance On Fossil Fuels

   I am comfortable with my current reliance on fossil fuel, I am currently in the process of selling my 3/4 ton diesel truck, I have sold my quad and am currently driving a 2008 ford focus which is really good on gas so i do feel my reliance is sustainable for the next ten years. My house uses an electric water heater and electric stove, however I do feel it would be beneficial to switch over from my current high-efficiency gas furnace to an electric furnace due to the fact that in Manitoba most of our power is generated via hydroelectric dams which have a lower impact on our environment than fossil fuel powered electric stations. To further reduce my fossil fuel reliance i could start car-pooling with someone from around my area as i do live 45 minutes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment