Monday 22 October 2012

My Food System

    What i like about my food system is that most of my meals are relatively easy to make, I eat foods that taste good. However I don't pay attention to where the food comes from and whether it is organic or not, I hadn't thought about these things until they were brought up in this class. I usually try buy cheaper food, however I don't like the price of some items particularly healthy foods, they are rather costly. Another thing I don't like about my food system is that because I buy primarily cheaper and easier to make foods the nutritional value isn't always what it should be and I don't eat the healthiest sometimes. Also I have come to realize that most of my food is transported a long ways which is leaving a larger carbon footprint than I would like. The last problem with my food system is that because I buy a lot of cheap food I know that I am likely helping to support cruel and harsh animal conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment